Springfield Armory®, the same company that brought Point & Shoot Ergonomics™ to the market in 2001 is proud to announce the latest evolution of the polymer pistol – The XD® Mod.2® Sub-Compact in 9mm and .40SW.
Put an XD® Mod.2® in your hand, and you’ll feel the difference. Equipped with the GripZone®, the XD® Mod.2® Sub-Compact applies ergonomic science to every surface that touches your hand.
Enter the GripZone®: a set of frame features working in unison to optimize interaction between the human hand and the pistol. Within the GripZone®, there are three distinct textures, each engineered for a specific purpose.
The GripZone® doesn’t stop with new grip textures. The re-contoured, slimmer frame and slide add up to a far more natural grip feel that has nearly twice the magazine capacity and is only 2 tenths of an inch thicker than single stack conceal carry models. The High-Hand™ grip relief and High-Hand™ beavertail enable the hand to be positioned as high as possible toward the barrel bore thereby greatly reducing the pistol’s felt recoil. The no-snag trigger guard minimizes possible unintended contact with a holster or clothing. All of these GripZone® advantages are ergonomic features that you will truly feel. It all adds up to a pistol that naturally and comfortably stays positioned in your hand.
If you are looking for the best solution to shooting comfort, concealability and increased magazine capacity, you’ll want to pick up the new XD® Mod.2® Sub-Compact.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Recoil System: Dual Spring w/ Full Length Guide Rod
- Sights: Fiber Optic Front, Low Profile Combat Rear
- Weight: (with Empty Magazine) 26 ozs. w/ Compact Mag, 27 ozs. w/ X-Tension™
- Height: 4.75" w/ Compact Mag, 5.5" w/ X-Tension™
- Forged Steel, Melonite® Finish
- Forged Stainless Steel (Bi-Tone model only)
- Barrel: 3" Hammer Forged, Steel, Melonite® / 1:10 Twist
- Length: 6.25"
- Grip Width: 1.19"
- Black Polymer
- FDE Polymer (FDE model only)
- 1 - 13 Round Compact, 1 - 16 Round w/ X-Tension™, Stainless Steel
Note : We are a factory direct dealer. Special Order turn-around time is dependent on the manufacturer’s inventory and production schedule. While most orders are filled within 3-5 weeks, some may take up to 90-120 days. Please keep this in mind when placing an order for a Special Order item. We do not charge your card until your order ships.
- Not available where prohibited by law
- All web sales must go through a Federal Firearms Licensee
- Your order confirmation will contain information on how to submit your FFL’s information
- Coupon codes/Discount codes not applicable
- Please check out the Individual Firearms Sales page for more details on the ordering process.