We are proud to participate in Springfield Armory's LE/Military/1st Responder program which offers Springfield Armory weapons at significant discounts to eligible customers. Eligible customers are:
Springfield Armory's program requires that dealers submit copies of proof of customer eligibility to Springfield Armory. By participating in the program and submitting proof of eligibility, you acknowledge that your purchase information, including serial number will be sent to and kept on file by Springfield Armory.
- Military: Active, Reserve, NG, Retired
- Law Enforcement: Federal, State, and Local Active or Retired Sworn Officers
- Corrections Officers including Parole and Probation Officers
- Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMT’s
- Licensed Federal, State, City and Private Armed Security Officers
- Court Judges
- LE Academy Cadets
You MUST qualify as one of the above in order to purchase LE/MIL weapons under the program. In accordance with our manufacturer agreements, we are only permitted to sell LE/Mil program weapons to eligible individuals.
When it comes to security for you and your family, there’s rarely a concern over having too much ammo on hand.
The XD® Mod.2® 5″ Tactical Model packs 16 rounds of 9MM ammo in each of its two included stainless steel magazines. While it’s a double stack design, it’s not too thick to carry like so many of our competitors’ models. Measuring just 1.2 inches wide, it is barely wider than single stack pistols with far lower capacity.
A pistol with a healthy sight radius is easier to shoot under stress, and that’s why we’ve chosen to fit the Mod.2® Tactical Model with a full five-inch hammer forged carbon steel barrel. It’s treated with Melonite® to stand up to moisture, sweat, and other undesirable conditions over the long haul.
The slide takes most of the day to day wear and tear, so we’ve made sure to construct that from Melonite®-treated carbon steel too. While we always recommend properly caring for your handgun, the Mod.2® Tactical isn’t one that will require babying. This combat-ready gun is designed to be used, not left in the safe.
Fast and accurate shooting requires control, so we’ve included all of the Mod.2® enhancements. Springfield High Hand™ grip near the beavertail and below the trigger guard allow you to put support close to the bore line to minimize muzzle flip. The new GripZone® contours and texturing are specifically designed to provide maximum purchase at specific points where your hands and fingers require the most contact. Three different textures provide the friction needed without painful overkill.
Our customers have responded very positively to the lightning fast sight combination of fiber optic front paired with a low profile combat rear sight, so you’ll find that combination on the Mod.2® 5″ Tactical model too. If you prefer different sighting options, that’s no problem – dozens of aftermarket sights fit our standard dovetail cuts.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Recoil System: Captive Recoil Spring with Full Length Guide Rod
- Sights: Fiber Optic Front, Low Profile Combat Rear
- Weight: (with Empty Magazine) 29 ozs.
- Height: 5.5"
- Slide:Forged Steel, Melonite® Finish
- Barrel: 5" Hammer Forged, Carbon Steel, Melonite® / 1:10 RH
- Length: 8.3"
- Grip Width: 1.20"
- Frame: Black Polymer
- Magazines: 2 - 16 Round, Stainless Steel
Note : We are a factory direct dealer. Special Order turn-around time is dependent on the manufacturer’s inventory and production schedule. While most orders are filled within 3-5 weeks, some may take up to 90-120 days. Please keep this in mind when placing an order for a Special Order item. We do not charge your card until your order ships.
- Not available where prohibited by law
- All web sales must go through a Federal Firearms Licensee
- Your order confirmation will contain information on how to submit your FFL’s information
- Coupon codes/Discount codes not applicable
- Please check out the Individual Firearms Sales page for more details on the ordering process.